Saturday 23 February 2013

Mac Archie's Girls



Like many make up and MAC lovers , I have been extremely excited about the MAC’s Archie Girls Collection. The collection is biased on Veronica and Betty, two best friends and rivals competing for the love of Archie.  The collection has a variety of products, there are some general ‘Archie’s girls’ pieces and the collection is split to portray each girls persona. Betty is a sweet, blonde haired girl next door, and the Betty collection is full of pale and soft pastels. Veronica on the other hand is Brunette spoilt rich girl, the Veronica collection captures her character in seductive dark tones.

 The collection came out in the US at the start of February and the blogging and Youtube world has gone MAC and Archie crazy. Of course all this hype meant I spent lots of time reading and watching. reviews from lots of on line beauty gurus, some what heightened my excitement. After the press release I had a pretty good idea of the products I wanted to purchase and was very impatiently sitting tight, waiting for the UK towards the end of February. That was until one of my friends told me Selfridges was exclusively launching the collection early. So I headed straight over to the on line store and made my purchases.

I managed to somewhat restrain my spending and purchased four items of the collection. Now being a blonde girly girl, I was instantly attracted to the shades and colours of Betty collection. So I decided to go for the Betty Lipstick in girl next door, the Betty Lips glass in stay sweet and the Betty pigment in Cheers my dears, just need to add how cute the names of the products are.  Finally I couldn't resist the beautiful Pearlmatte face powder. 






I am huge lipstick lover, I have an array of colours in my collection, but I mostly opt for nudes of pinks. So this lipstick was very me. It’s a blue tone pink Lustre lipstick. I love the finish and tone of this lipstick, its the perfect cute pink shade, I found just a couple of coats of this lipstick really changed the effect so you can switch up the look of this lipstick with a few coats.  The gloss in stay sweet and girls next door and the perfect colour combination to achieve a pink lipped  look. It also would look lovely on its own if you wanted a more natural look. I was also impressed with the pigment, I am not a huge fan of pigments as I find them a bit messy but I loved the lavender pink colour of this. Its really pigmented and the finish it really strong. I don't own many eye shadows this shade so I am sure this will be well used. 
Lipstick and gloss together.

left to right
pigment, lipstick and lip glass lip gloss


I am in love with the  pearlmatte face powder. Firstly it looks so cute with the pink hearts embedded in the powder, so cute actually I almost didn't want to use it. When i did though I was so impressed with the colour, I would personally use this as a highlighter along the top of my cheek bones as it has a high shimmer finish. I love the pink highlighter glow it gives me cheek and the name describes it perfectly with its pearly glow. 

left to right
Both light and dark coloured combined, darker pink colour, lighter colour (sorry my camera is not great but you get the idea)
Now I can’t do this review and not mention the packaging. The packaging is a real switch up from MAC’s usual black statement to comic book style white with reds and pinks.  I love the retro and colourful packaging and I have to admit it this distinctive and unique packaging that initially caught my eye with this collection.

Overall I am really impressed with the Archie’s Girls collection, I adore the colours and shades used to illustrate the different identities of two girls and I think there are some really good quality products on offer.  The collection is now available on the MAC website, they have also realized some exclusive products to this collection  available only to MAC, I am trying very hard not to buy the brush set along with a few other pieces I have my eye on such as the Betty bright lipstick and the Ice cream sundae eye shadow set, but if I want to have any kind of social life this month I will have tor restrain myself. 
Let me know what you think of the collection? 
Thanks for reading

Emma Louise x 

3 comments:

  1. The Archie's girls collection is sooo nice , great post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I love it so much. Having to stop myself buying more xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete