Saturday 2 March 2013

Make up storage....a working progress

For the last year or so my make up storage has been very unorganised which is not like me at all. Those who know me know I am annoying over organised, so having random hat boxes full of  make up was not working for me. So for my birthday I dragged my fiancé round numerous home stores trying to find the solution to my storage problems.

I finally decided on a tall black brown cabinet, from the MALM collection in Ikea. It's the same collection as my bed and bedside table so fits in perfectly. I like that its a tall chest as it doesn't take up much space in my bedroom but still has plenty of storage.
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90106506/#/60127973

Then the really exciting part......I bought a new beautiful dressing table eeeeek. I had spent a long time admiring many beauty gurus mirrored Pier one dresser, but I really struggled to find anything similar here in the UK that wasn't going to cost me an absolute fortune. So I am sure you can imagine my excitement when I found a mirrored dressing table in BHS, on offer for £80 down from £399. Now the poor little dresser was in a bit of a mess, The top right hand corner had some glass missing, a crack down the side and no handle, however I looked past that and knew my handy fiancé would be able to sort that. Unfortunetly I totally forgot to take a 'before' photo so you could see how it looked...but I sure you can imagine.

Gary used some vinyl down both side of the dresser to cover the damage, and then I bought a handle for 99p on ebay. I have also bought a mirror from a shop called the range which cost me around £30. Finally I have some lights to go around the mirror, but they need to be fitted by an electrician who is coming next week, so I will have Hollywood style lights which I am very excited about.

I havent got round to putting my make up in my new storage cabinet yet as I want to find some storage containers to keep everything neat and tidy inside, but I am going shopping today to try and find these so I will keep you updated. I also need a chair to go with my dresser but not sure what to get yet, if you have any suggestions I am all ears.

I have learnt from this that yes there are some lovely expensive dressers out there but by doing some DIY I have a beautiful dressing table, you just need a bit of imagination......

I will do an update on this once its all finished.

Thanks for reading

Emma Louise x

No comments:

Post a Comment