Saturday 16 March 2013

Splash Stain

I mentioned in my 'Boots Haul' post I would do a review on the new L'Oreal Glam shine Splash Stains  and after a week of trying and incorporating them into my daily make up routine here are my thoughts .......

I got very excited and carried away on my trip to boots, the Stain Splash was what I originally went shopping for (if you red my boots haul you will see I bought quite a bit more). Now as I am sure many of you are aware these lip glosses have been described as a dupe for the ever popular YSL Glossy Lip Stain. I can't say I am surprised L'Oreal are one the biggest Beauty groups and several years ago bought YSL, so with the huge success of the glossy stains I imagined and hoped it would only be a matter if time before L'Oreal brought a gloss of the same formulation at more affordable drug store price. The YSL glossy stains retail for £23.50, the Spalsh Stains come in with the much smaller price tag of £7.99 and they are currently on offer 3 for 2, they are a much cheaper alternative. So of course I bought 3, its was only good sense when they are on offer.


I probably spent around 20 minutes at the counter and I finally made a decision on what shades to go for, and ultimately decided on Marilyn, Eve and Romy, they are pink toned shades, as this is my go to colour. I did find there was not a massive colour range, I was instantly drawn to the bright pink Marilyn shade but struggled deciding on the other two, I was hoping there would be a coral tone colour. Hopefully they will release more in the future. 









I own one Glossy Stain, in Rose Pastel, and I have to admit the formula is very similar, if not identical. The Splash Stains is a wet biased consistency and applies very glossy and gel like, the colour is build-able and I apply a good few coats to get my desired colour, however just be aware the stains do have a slightly different finish once they have dried, so I was swatch in store on your hand a few layers and let it dry before you buy. 
Eve, Marilyn  and Romy 

Now I have to mention the packaging quickly, I am a big fan of the packaging, I know you should never judge a book by its cover so to speak but I do get drawn in my pretty packaging. I think the luxuary packaging of the Spash Stains looks amazing, and much more high end the £7.99 price tag.

Overall I love these Stains, as a lover of the YSL glossy stains me and my purse are very pleased there is a drug store budget version on offer. I love the finish of the stains and they last a really long time for a glossy and aren't too sticky, my only advice is the colour finish was different on me then on the packaging so as I said I would advise swatching and trying the product in store, swatch a few layers and let it dry before you decide.
My favourite stain, Eve 

Have you tried the L'Oreal Splash Stains, what do you think?

Thanks for reading

Emma Louise x


No comments:

Post a Comment