Monday 15 April 2013

My current skin care routine





Today I am finally getting round to writing about my skin care routine. It has taken years of trying and testing numerous products to develop a skin care routine i love and would recommend.

As a teenager I really struggled with my skin I suffered from break outs, it really got me down and left me feeling very insecure. Around the age of 16 I broke down to my mum about how upset my skin was getting me, and it was mum to the rescue. she booked me into for a facial, and bought some skin care products. however I have struggled for a long time to find products that suited my skin.

My skin type is combination, I get the occasionally dry and oily areas, I suffer with redness and imperfections which has been my main battle with my skin. I still get the odd break out but they are much more controlled and less aggressive. It's such an improvement, I have gone from the insecure girl who hid behind her make up, to feeling confident enough to have a make up free day once a week now to give my skin a breather. Now a year ago the thought of a naked face would have given me a mild panic attack. Ok, so enough rambling here are a run down of my skin care products which have given me the clearer skin I have yearned for, for so long.......

Bioderma, Sebuim H2o
I am sure you have all heard the bioderma hype so I won't say to much, but I love this products for removing my make up. It's extremely gentle on my skin and I have found this formula suits my skin better then the sensibio range, as this has really helped tackled my break outs. If I am ever in a rush and don't have time or I am just being lazy after a night out ( naughty I know) I just use this and my Effaclar Duo and find it still gives my skin what it needs for the night.


Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, Hot Cloth Cleanser
Now this is a cult product in the beauty world. Apparently there is one of these products sold every minute around the world, and I can see why. This is my holy grail cleanser and I can see this being a staple in my skin care routine for a long time. I love using this with my muslin cloth, it feels like pure luxury on my skin. The rich creamy texture leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and gentle and has really cleared up my skin.

La Roche-Posay, Effaclar Dup
Again a popular skin care treat amongst the beauty world, are you starting too a trend here? This product is incredible I am not an expert on skin care so I won't try and explain the science behind it. However, ever since I started using this I have found my break outs are much more controlled, the occasionally pimple is gone in a flash. I can't rave about this product enough, but if you struggle with break outs and imperfections I urge you try this, it has been a real life saver for me.

Michael Todd true organics

I decided to talk about my Michael Todd products as a whole, because I think the brand it's self needs a little shout out. I had heard a lot about this range so spent a lot of time investigating different reviews and researching the website for the products for my skin. If was originally drawn in by the name if I am totally honest, true organics sounds the perfect ingredient for clean, clear skin. So I decided to go for the Tropical Fruit, Enzyme Exfoliant Scrub first, this is a lovely scrub it ideal for my skin type as it is a gentle exfoliant, not to mention it smells delicious. Secondly I went for the Blue Green Algae Toner, this stood out to me as it states it aids the treatment a d prevention acne, so I was sold. Again this works great on my skin. As a toner not only has it helped combat my problem skin but its also really moisturising for a toner. Finally my favourite, the citrus moisturiser. This moisturiser smells so yummy and refreshing, very much like soap and glory sugar crush. The light, soothing hydrating cream feels like a dream on my skin, it leaves my skin feeling moist and smooth, I could go on and on. I am defiantly going to invest in some more Michael Todd products they are some of the best skin care I have come across and won't leave your purse feeling to light.

I feel really happy with my skin care routine it's taken time but I finally feel confident a d happy with my skin, I know longer dread break outs and feel in much more control of my skin.

I would love to hear about your skin care favourites?

Thanks for reading

Emma Louise xxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment