Thursday 23 May 2013

In flight beauty essentials

Hello everyone, I hope your all having a lovely week and looking forward to the bank holiday weekend. I am super excited because I am off on holiday to Dubai to visit my dad, sister and step mum who all live out there. I haven't seen them since Christmas so I really can't wait and also looking forward to some much need sunshine and relaxation.

So I thought I would share with you today my in flight beauty essentials, as the title suggests. I know some people might think this is totally over the top but after years of flying long haul flights I know how much flying effects my break out prone skin. I used to find every time I flew I would break out the next day and then feeling extremely self conscious, and feeling the need to wear make up which isn't ideal in the baking hot sunshine. So I now make sure I look after my skin while flying. 

The first thing I do once I am settled on the plane is take all my make up off to allow my skin to breath. I normally use travel size bioderma for this step but i have ran out, so a good old gentle face wipe will do the truck just fine. You may ask what is the point is wearing it to the airport in the first place but I just do t feel comfortable walking around in public bare faced, and I wouldn't wear a full face anyway just the essentials. 

Ok so make up off! Next step tone moisturise and spot treatment. I don't have particular products I will just take travel or sample sizes of products I know will work for me. For this particular flight I have got Liz Earle instant boost skin tonic and skin repair light moisturiser which are both really great little products, if you have read my skin care post you will know I am a Liz Earle fan. I will apply these every half and hour to an hour just to keep my skin hydrated and moisturised. Then I have another mini moisturiser Elemis softly softly, ok yes two moisturisers slightly excessive. However I have good reason promise! As good as the liz Earle mini is its one a light biased cream and the Elemis is a much richer, thicker moisturiser so I find applying a deeper treatment just gives my skin a real moisture boost. I would apply the deeper modituriser every couple of hours or just when I can feel my skin starting to get dry. I know some beauty gurus do face masks on places but I just think that would be too fiddly so I use the richer cream as an alternative instead. Then through out the flight I will apply the Effaclar duo to any break outs I have in a desperate attempt to keep them at bay. 

Ok so skin care, check! Next on the agenda lip products. If you saw my how I keep my pout soft and conditioned you will have seen a review on my favourite lip products, so I will bringing my two favourite Nivea products on the plan to try and avoid the dry, chapped lip look while I am enjoying the sunshine. Then I have just packed a few little bits and bobs like a travel sized dry shampoo just to refresh my hair and deodorant, I don't want to arrive looking like a sweaty betty. 

Now make up wise I just take the bare minimal. I apply this just before we start to land, try to avoid while landing! Bumpy landing plus mascara is only going to end with a mascara brush in your eye, ouch! So I have packed my favourite light coverage foundation of the moment, Chanel Vitalumiere aqua, which I adore. I will do a few review very soon lovelies. Then my loreal telescopic mascara, I have individual eye lash extensions on at the moment (hence the little lash brush, they need a good comb now and again) so I am only apply it to my bottom lashes as my bottom lashes look quite sparse in comparison to my full thick top lashes. Then finally I have brought along my favourite every day lip product of all time, my strawberry shortcake Revlon butter I find its just the perfect pretty pink shade and it really compliments my skin tone. 

I think that's everything beauty related in my carry on bag, I will also take my Elizabeth Arden hand cream, which feels like pure luxuary on my hands, a travel tooth brush and hand sanitizer I just didn't have them handy to snap up. So other then that I will just get snuggled up with my blanket and read a book or watch a film. Oh and enjoy the plane food of course, I am one of the few who enjoy aeroplane food. 

So there you have in my in flight beauty essentials, thanks for reading beauties. I would love to hear if you have any beauty essentials when you travelling. 
Mwahhhhhh 


No comments:

Post a Comment