Wednesday 8 May 2013

Nearly Naked.......

So Summer is around the corner, and hopefully warmer weather on the way. Now in Summer time I like try and tone done my full coverage make up slightly to a more natural look. So I have been on the look out for a foundation that can help achieve this fresh faced look, and what could be better then Revelon's Nearly Naked range? I bought the foundation and matching powder while on one of my (many) shopping trips to Boots, and become very found of the combination of the two.

The Nearly Naked foundation is light coverage, but i do find it is build-able to medium coverage finish. I love how easy the light texture of this product blends into my skin, i have been using a real techniques stippling brush to apply. I don't really like using my hands or sponges to apply make up and find foundation brushes give an overall better finish. I almost feel like the foundation melts into my skin, but doesn't leave my face looking like its greasy like I find some lighter base foundations do.

The foundation really lives up to its name in that in literally feels like I'm not wearing anything, but yet still achieves an even skin tone and covers redness. I did find I had to use a bit of concealer on any blemishes, but i expected that with it being a lighter based foundation. I used the light weight powder to finish of the naked look. I found the combination of the two lasts throughout the day and I only had to re powder my face after 8 hours of wear, when I was leaving work, so I was really impressed with how the products kept all day.

The foundation also contains SPF 20. I am sure I don't need to bang on about the importance of protecting our faces from the sun, but I am always really keen on foundation that have added SPF generally because I always forget to put on sun screen unless I am on holiday so it's nice to let the foundation do the work for you. I think this will be a perfect foundation for the warmer seasons, it gives a perfect ' no make up' look if like me your not quite confident enough to go totally naked.

Overall I love this foundation it got a lovely light texture to it, which glides effortlessly into my skin. It leaves my skin looking glowing and bright and lasts all day. My only slight complaint is the packaging. I am not a fan of foundations that you have to pour out the bottle. I much prefer a pump application as it eliminates mess and product waste. So with that in mind I am rating this foundation a 9 out of 10.

I got my foundation here at Boots in the shade 'Shell' for £8.99 and don't miss out on the good old three for two offer. http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-Nearly-Naked-Make-Up-Foundation_1298536/

Have you tried any of the Nearly Naked range? I would love to hear what you think?

Thank you for reading.


Download Signature.jpg (8.3 KB)






Before

After foundation is blended in 


2 comments:

  1. I love this for summertime! So light and blendable. Lovely review! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, yeah I think this will be in my make up bag over the summer time xx

      Delete