Sunday 16 June 2013

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation



So today I thought I would share my thoughts on the ever popular Silk Creme Foundation by Laura Mercier.

There has been so much hype about this famous foundation and it had been on the top of my wish list for almost a year, but with the hefty price tag of £33 I just couldn't justify spending this much on a 35ml of foundation. Well that all changed about 6 weeks ago when I innocently walked around House of Fraser and found myself browsing the Laura Mercier counter, and before long the very helpful sales assistant matched me up to the shade rose ivory, which is a perfect shade for my skin and well the rest is history......

I am a total foundation junkie, I have tried and tested bottle after bottle of foundation trying to find the perfect foundation for my skin, and I have to say the silk creme foundation is at the top of my collection, closely followed by Clinque 'Even better foundation', but this little beauty has definitely become my holy grail foundation. 

The foundation is an innovative full coverage formula with a special collection of silk proteins, tea extracts and treated mica. I found the consistency of the silk creme foundation to be thick and creamy with an almost mouse like texture which feels like pure luxury on my skin. What I love about this foundation is yes it's full coverage and covers my blemishes perfectly, leaving my skin looking even and smooth (no concealer needed) but unlike most full coverage foundations it's not cakey at all and leaves my skin looking natural, hydrated and with a satin finish

Okay so this foundation will tug at your purse strings, however it's so highly pigmented a little really does go along way. I only use a pea size amount of this foundation then apply with my fingers and blend in with my real techniques expert face brush, which gives the perfect finish for my combination skin.I have been using this nearly every day since I bought it and the bottle still feels full, so it lasts really well.  I find if I finish with powder, this foundation lasts all day. I have also noticed over the last six weeks of using this foundation I have actually not had any break outs, which is so unlike my skin as most full coverage foundations (Mac I am looking at you) make my skin break out, so another tick for the silk creme foundation. 

So overall I absolutely adore this foundation it is a real luxury product which works so well for skin, yes it's on the high end pricey side but I think it's totally worth the price tag and I will definitely be repurchasing this little beauty. Have you tried the silk creme foundation? What are your thoughts? 

Thanks for reading lovelies











Only a pea sized amount needed. 


Wearing the foundation


Making silly faces while taking pictures for this post, but again wearing foundation. 

8 comments:

  1. This has been at top of my wish list for quite some time too, great post looks lovely, will definately have to buy it as my skin sounds same as yours x

    Kayleighsbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a product I have wanted to try for ages, so glad I tried it, best foundation I have used...highly recommend it Hun :) xx

      Delete
  2. I have this foundation and its one of my favourites! I want to try Nars Sheer Glow next....
    Tori. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love it, but I would also love to try sheer glow too, slightly obsessed with foundations :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Silk Creme foundation, it's one of my faves but I'm running a bit low so only using it for special occasions atm xx
    http://www.dolleduplondon.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I will gutted when I run out cause I am trying so hard to save penny's, so trying to use as little as possible :) xx

      Delete
  4. i really want to try this!

    im your newest follower!br>BlogLovin' | BreezeyBee Blog | Facebook | Twitter
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this! I just wish the price tag wasn't as high! One of my favourite foundations is the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but it is just so expensive :( x

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete