Saturday 13 July 2013

I <3 Drugstore Makeup Tag




Hello beauts, I hope your all soaking up the sunshine and enjoying this lovely weather. Now I am still on my spending ban so I have been researching different tags to post and I was immediately attracted to the infamous 'I love drugstore make up TAG'. My own make up collection is a real mixture of high end luxuary products and drugstore, high street brands. I get so excited when I find a good drugstore product because obviously it will save my pennies. There are some real gems in the drugstore now, no matter what your budget, so I thought this tag is the perfect way to share my favourite and least favourite products with you.. 

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?

First question and I already feel torn, my favourites are Rimmel, Revelon and Maybeline.......I think I will go for Rimmel, I love the wake me up range, the wake me up foundation is definitely my all time favourite drugstore foundation, I also love the stay matte powder, lipsticks, eye liners and apocalypse lip glosses. 

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?
Cheek
For cheek it has to be sleek, they have a great collection of blushes, there is a lovely array of colour selection, ranging  from shocking pink blushes to bright coral shades. The blushes are really pigmented and last all day on my cheeks. I also love the contour palette is the perfect hand bag essential for a day and night. The handy trio palette has a blush, bronzer and a lovely highlighter, which has the perfect amount of  glow and shimmer to it. 

Face
Seeing as I have already mentioned it, I am sure it will come as no surprise that my favourite face product is the Wake me up foundation from Rimmel. I love this foundation it is without a doubt my favourite drugstore foundation. This foundation gives is the perfect medium coverage formulation but still leaves my skin looking freash and glowy. I know there has been much debate about the retro bright orange packaging but I personally love the stand out packaging. If you haven't tried this foundation I urge you to give it a go. 

Lip 
This is an easy one without a doubt, Revlon lip butters I adore them and use them on a daily basis. The colour payout is amazing and they are the perfect combination of a balm with a glossy finish, I could rave about these little beauts all day, I also love the Revlon kissable balm stains for an easy everyday look. For gloss though I am also going to have to add the NYX mega shine gloss in Beige, it's not really a beige colour at all it's a pink toned mauve colour and I adore this shade. It's just the perfect everyday pink and its smells soo yummy, like sweeties. Ok so I cheated and mentioned three products, oops. 

3. Least favorite product?
Now this isn't aimed at any particular brand just the product in general but I just can't get on board with BB creams give me my light coverage Chanel vitalumiere aqua or Mac face and body foundation over a BB cream any day. I just don't get them, they don't last on my skin and slide off in a matter of hours...I'll just stick with foundation. 

4. What is the best makeup bargain? 
Ok i am cheating i have two, firstly Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, it is such a baragin at £3.99, it keeps my make up in place all day and is an amazing product. Secondly  my Nivea lip balm in milk and honey flavour is my favourite lip balm, and has the tiny price tag of £1.50. it smells amazing and i put this on everyday under my lipstick and gloss and keeps my lips nice and conditioned.  I know I cheated but love them both. 

5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
I am going to go with Maybeline dream lumi concealer. I love this product it's amazing for highlighting my face, it's a bargain at £6.99 and its a real dupe for the touché éclat by YSL. I actually prefer the dream lumi formula as I find it luminaries my face more the the YSL one, its one my favourite products so I am always surprised it doesn't get more credit. Don't worry little Lumi I love you. 

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
Now is it just me or does any one else feel drug store mascara is getting pretty pricey. I really like thevL'Oreal telescopic mascara, but it's £10.99 which I do think is pretty steep for such a small amount of product, when I can get my foundation for £8.99. 

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!
I think the Maybeline colour tattoos are a great dupe/ cheaper alternative to the Mac paint pots which I love, but the colour tattoos are less then half the price of the paint pots, there is great colour range, they blend really well, they are really pigmented and they last all day on the lid. 

8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
Sorry Maybeline but its going to have to be your bouncy blush. On my trip to Las Vegas last year I was so excited about stocking up on some make up, and I was most excited about this little blush but I was left so disappointed :(. I found this product just left my cheeks looking greasy and shiny, and just slid off my skin, lasting only a matters of hours if that, so not a great product for me. However, I did enjoying touching the blush and watching it pop back up, so not a total loss in the fun department, but not a great product. 

Thanks for reading lovelies, if you have done this tag leave me your link so I can have a look at your favourite drugstore peices, and if you haven't done this tag I TAG all of you now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment