Monday 1 July 2013

June favourites

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. So it’s the 1st of July and my news feed is full of my favourite monthly favourite posts, and I realised I have never actually done my own monthly favourite post, so I thought it was about time I typed up one and shared with you my favourite products throughout June. Now if you are a regular visitor to my blog you will know I am currently on a spending ban, and didn’t purchase a single product throughout June, I actually can’t believe I managed it. That does mean this post won’t have any new products I have fallen in love with, but I have rediscovered some old products from my collection which I have fallen in love with all over again and actually really enjoyed rummaging around my makeup collect and finding some forgotten gems.
My first favourite of the month is my Laura Mercierr Silk Crème foundation; this was probably the last beauty product I purchased. This foundation had been on my wish list for ages and I finally gave it to temptation and bought it around 8 weeks ago, and I am in love with this beauty. Now I won’t go on about this foundation too much as I have done a full review on my new favourite foundation,( you can take a look here if you are interested in seeing my thoughts) but, I adore this foundation it leaves my skin looking flawless but with a natural glow. The silk crème foundation has been in my make up since I purchased it and I am predicting it will be there for the foreseeable future. 
Next up is my favourite and most worn lip product of the month, my Revlon lip butter in pink lemonade. If you know me you will know I am big fan of the pink nude lip look and rarely step away from my signature look, so this has been the perfect summery pink shade for me, it has a subtle pink sheen and gives my lips the perfect creamy and glossy finish for the rare sunny days we get here in the UK.
My next favourite products are a combination of MAC eye shadows which I have really loved using. The three shades are naked lunch which I apply all over the lid, then Satin Taupe in the crease and outer corner and then finally Nylon as highlight in the inner corners. I have loved using this combination and find its great for every day and if I want to intensify the look for an evening I use a tiny bit of Smutt in the outer corner. I love MAC eye shadows, yes they are quite pricey and building my palette has cost me a small fortune, but I find the shadows blend and apply amazingly, are really well pigmented and have really good colour pay off.
Next on the favourites list is my Hoola bronzer by Benefit. I really like using this bronzer for contouring; it’s good a lovely matte finish bronzer and the shade is a really good colour for my skin tone as it not orange toned. I have been using my real techniques contour brush; I find this smaller contour brush is the perfect size for defining my cheek bones.
This month I have also loved my juicy couture perfume in Viva la Fleur. First off I have to mention the packaging, the bright pink and gold shades are so me and really brighten up my dresser. My dad bought me this for Christmas but I had a few Victoria Secret perfumes to finish off so it has been waiting patiently to be used. This perfume has a light, fresh and flowery scent with a subtle hint of berries, which is perfect combination for spring and summer. I adore this scent and have been spritzing it every morning this month.

Finally, ok it’s not a beauty product but I have loved my Peach Bellini candle I purchased from Bath and Body works on holiday in Dubai (pre spending ban), I did a full haul post on my bath and body works purchasing earlier this month if you would like to have a look. This candle smells so fruity and yummy and the scent really does leave my whole apartment smelling of sweet peaches. My only issue with this product is that Bath and Body works is not available in the UK which is so annoying, I am hoping they are seeing my constant tweets begging for a UK online store, but for now I just stock up when I go the my dad’s in Dubai.
So I think that’s everything, I am surprised how quickly a month of no spending has gone and I am going to keep it up this month because I have saved a lot of money. I think I’m  going to allow myself to purchase a few pieces of clothes ready for my trip to London with my sister at the end of the month but that’s it.
Thanks for reading beauts, if you have done your monthly favourites please leave me your link below and I will have a look as I really love reading these  posts.

Lots of Love






No comments:

Post a Comment