Tuesday 30 July 2013

Mac Eye Shadow

So I have finished my two month spending ban...so how did I treat/ congratulate myself? With a Mac shopping spree of course, well I was in covent garden passing by the new Mac shop so it would have been rude not to go in and have a browse...and well browsing lead to spending, which leads to blogging. 

I got a couple of bits and bobs but tonight post is all about two new eyeshadows for my almost complete Mac palette. After much thought and swatching in store I decided to go for two shades, Brule and Wedge. My palette is mostly neutrals so these two shadows are the perfect addition. 

Wedge is a medium brown/ tan shade, the shadow is very pigmented and blends very easily on the lid. This tone is a perfect crease colour to define and extend the eyes. I find wedge is a ideal shade for an more natural smokey eye look.

Brule is a neutral beige shade. It's a great shadow for all over the lid as it is a matte finish without shimmer, it can also be used as a brow highlight or eyeshadow primer as it will even out the colour of the lids. I love this shade and thinks a great addition to my palette as its the ideal base colour for my skin tone. Now even at work I don't like to leave my eyes naked and I am finding these two shades combined are my current favourite double act for an everyday look, it gives my eyes depth and a subtle dramatic finish which isn't too over the top for a day time look. 

I only need three shadows and my palette will be complete, if you have any recommendations for my neutral palette please leave a comment below. 

Thanks for reading lovelies 
Emma Louise 





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous colours :) love neutral shades!
    Lydia Rose
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete