Thursday 19 September 2013

L'Oreal telescopic mascara

Hello lovelies

I hope you have all had a great week and wrapping up warm after the drop in temperature. Dare I say I enjoy the autumn and winter weather, yes it’s cold but that’s what fires and thick knitted jumpers were made for?  My perfect evening  consists of get the fire going, putting on my thick pjs and  fluffy socks, wrapping  myself up in my blanket, lighting some candles and sipping on a hot chocolate while watching a film or getting lost in a book….sounds like heaven.  Also autumn also means I can start to get excited about Christmas, I absolutely love Christmas I really am like a big kid, I love putting my tree up and decorating my flat.

 

Anyway I feel like I am loosing track, focus Emma. When it comes to my lashes I have used one product religiously for the well over a year, if you are a regular reader of my blog you will know by now this is the bloggers favourite Maybelline the falsies. This is hands down the best mascara I have ever tried; it gives lots of volume and lengthens my lashes. I was not in the market for new mascara but there I was in Boots eyeing up some L’Oreal goodies and it was 3 for 2 and I already had two products so thought it would be a waste not to get my third free, that’s when L’Oreal Telescopic caught my eyes. I had heard some really good reviews about this mascara so thought it was worth a try.

My natural eye lashes are very blonde (practically invisible) but they are quite long and thick. So I went for the carbon black mascara because even though I am blonde I do like dark. I have given my falsies mascara a well-deserved holiday and used this for a few weeks and here are my thoughts so far. 

The Good

·         The wand. There has been quite mixed reviews about the unique comb shape of this wand, but personally I find it works really well on my lashes. The wand managed to separate my lashes well which therefore allows the mascara to lengthen my lashes really well, more so than any other mascara has done, so massive plus there for this product.

·         The formula doesn’t smudge or drop down off the lashes….no panda eyes, which is always a plus.

·         I find this mascara lasted all day and night without any reapplication needed.

·         The Carbon black shade, as the name is suggests is very very dark, which as I mentioned above I am a big fan of.

·         Going back to the wand I find because it’s a comb applicator that it applies to my bottom lashes really well and adds lots of length.

The Bad

·         The cost, as good as it is without my 3 for 2 deal this would have cost £10.99 which for a high street product I find quite steep, saying that I think high street mascaras in general are very overpriced.

·         Volume. Ok so it lengthens my lashes very well but I don’t think it adds much volume and too much of this mascara can leave you with spider leg looking lashes. Which leads me nicely on to my fabulous idea……?

Ok so as you can see there were some very good points to the telescopic mascara, but the lack of volume was an issue so that’s when it hit me. what if I mixed this mascara with my Falsies mascara? so  first I applied the L’Oreal mascara and then applied the Maybelline mascara over the top, and there you have it I am a genius (very modest) I have found my perfect mascara combination not only are my lashes extended but they have the volume from the falsies mascara too. 

 

Would love to hear your thoughts on either mascara if you have tried them, as I know there are lots of mixed reviews. I am still unable to reply to comments at the moment which is so annoying but I am trying very hard to figure out what the problem is and I will reply to every single comment on my blog when I do.

 

Thanks for reading lovelies.

 








2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try this.
    I have one best friend who loves it & another who hates it ha ;) - xxx

    Specsandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried this mascara, but I'm such a fan of other L'Oreal ones they are amazing. Your lashes look incredible in that photo, lovely post hun xxx

    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete