Monday 13 January 2014

Golden Globes Best Dressed

So the Golden Globes has officially kicked off the award season in style. I am a big movie fan and enjoy nothing more than snuggling down and getting engrossed in a film, whether it be in the comfort of my own home or the big screen at the cinema. When I studied my A-levels my favourite subject was film studies and this was when I first started getting into the award season and ever since I have been hooked. Don't get me wrong I love seeing who has won which awards, but being the fashion lover I am my favourite part is defintley the dresses. I spent most of last night glued to E live on the red carpet oohing and ahhing at the different gowns gliding down the remember carpet. So today I am going to share with you some of my favourite looks from the night, and I hope to keep you updated with my favourites throughout the award season this year.

This look for Lupita Nyong'o was hands down my favourite dress of the night. This stunning Ralph Lauren gown just looked radiant on her. I love the red shade and the added cape detail to the dress really gives it the wow factor. I think she looks amazing and her simple hair style and minimal make up allowed the dress to take centre stage. Lupita definitely stole the show for me at the Golden Globes and was bang on trend. I think Lupida will be one to watch this award season. 



My next favourite look of the evening was Emma Watson. I know there have been a mixed reaction to Emma's outfit but I personally love it. I think this Dior ensemble was a daring choice for the red carpet but I think she pulls it's off perfectly and looks stunning. Emma Watson was my favourite of the night when it came to hair and beauty I think her simple low bun bun went perfectly with the cut out back dress and her pink lip was the perfect shade for her English rose skin tone. I think she looked beautiful and sophisticated. 

 My next pick of the night was Olivia Wilde, in this gorgeous Gucci dress. I think she styled her growing bump beautifully. I think it's very easy to style a bump with a flowing loose dress but I love that she is proudly showing off her baby bump and she really is glowing. I think this shimmery emerald dress also looks divine with her ombré hair. She looks incredible. 

Next up is Sofia Vergara in a Zac Posen full skirt, black satin, voluminous gown. When I think of awards season I think over the top glamourous dresses and to me this look screams award season and I love it. Sofia looks elegant and sophisticated but still with a touch of sex appeal this is my favourite look from Sophia ever. The only down side to this look for me is the over the top green necklace I think a slightly more simple gold statement necklace would have complimented this look beautifully, but seeing as the dress is so pretty, I will let Sofia off. 

Next on the list is the incredibly beautiful Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad. All I can say is....wow she looks incredible in this sparkly number and the detail in this dress is just exquisite. This really is a stunning gown and Kate looks gorgeous.

 Finally from my favourite frocks of the night I had to include a pink number. Maria Menounos looked so pretty and perfect in this pretty pink cap sleeved dress. This dress by Max Azria is a real stunner with the perfect combination of elegance and sexy ness with the subtle sheer cut out sections. 

So that is all my favourite looks of the Golden Globes 2014, there were so many other stunning dresses and it was so hard to pick my favourites, but these were my stand out looks of the evening. I can't wait for the rest if the award ceremony's and will keep you updated with my favourite outfits from the season of glamour. 

I would love to hear if you had any favourite celebrity styles from the Golden Globes. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. maria's dress is such a gorgeous colour!its also a really interesting design!dont think i would like the cut out bits but looks amazing on her!:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I am not sure I would be brave enough for the cut outs, but adore the colour and style :) xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks Hun. I think Emma Watson always looks so femine and style, for me Kate's dress really had the wow factor.

    ReplyDelete