Monday 3 February 2014

Bridal beauty checklist



Today I thought I would share with you my Bridal Beauty Checklist. I created this when I first booked my wedding being the over organised, beauty and make up lover bride I am ,it was important for me to keep in check with all my appointments and at home treatments. I think it's important to consider your beauty treatments and what looks you want to try for your wedding, because well it's the biggest day of your life and we all really want to look the best you possibly can. 

I am very lucky that my cousin is a beautician and it was fairly easy for me to book in for regular and try treatments and products. She has also given me lots of advice on the best times to have different treatments, and I think I will be seeing a lot of her in the lead up to my wedding. So I thought it might be helpful for me to share my check list and help out any other bride's to be out there. 

If you can think of anything I could add to my check list let me know in the comment box below I would love to hear your ideas. 


Description: Description: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7xBxZss92As/UbDwqfXr6eI/AAAAAAAAA6k/SvTSLzXApZU/s1600/signiture.jpg

 

My wedding beauty checklist:

 

6- 12 months before:

·         Decide on a beauty budget so you know exactly what you can spend and what treatments you get booked.

·         Book your hair stylist and makeup artists and pay any deposits.

·         Start a beauty folder; collect some makeup and hair looks you like. I have found Pintrest great for researching bridal makeup and hair styles.

·         Book in all your pre wedding beauty treatments.

·         Go to the dentist and start any dental work you want doing before the wedding.

·         If you want to change your hair style or colour, do it now. This gives you plenty of time to dye it back or regrow if you don’t like it.

 

 

4-6 months before:

·        Book in your hair and make trails, get together the pictures from your beauty folder and narrow down your favourite hair and makeup looks. If you don’t like a style or look tell the stylist, it’s your big day and you don’t want to look back at wedding pictures and not be happy with the way you looked.

·        Start having regular facials ( I am having one a month starting 4 months before) and at home pamper nights with a good face mask to get your skin looking flawless for the big day.

·        Test out any skin and body products, once you have found a good routine, stick to it and don’t change it again before your wedding, you don’t want your skin to react to any new products.

·        Make sure your drinking lots of water

·        Start going to Yoga, ok so this isn’t really beauty related, but Yoga is great for distressing your mind and body so will, so less stress less spots, well that’s what I find anyway.

1 month before

·        Get a trim so your split end free. 

·        Start any teeth whitening, if you’re having them done professionally go to the dentist, I have heard lots of salon horror stories. If you can’t afford to go the dentist why not try at home teeth whitening kit, just do some research on different kits. I really liked whitening lightening dial a smile kit.

·        Have a facial and manicure.

 

 

2 Weeks before:

 

·         Get your hair coloured, I have the top of my hair dyed platinum blonde so two weeks gives me enough time to use any toners to keep it looking white and ashy, but a short enough time period that I won’t have any dark roots.

·         If you can pay your hair and make artist pay them now, that way you’re not rushing around in the morning sorting out cash.

 

1 week before the wedding:

·         Have your browns tinted and shaped in your desired shape colour, I personally have HD brows. If your trying out a new look, have a trail done a few months to make sure you like the finish look,  last thing you want is your eye brows going wrong because they shape your whole face.

·         Any waxing, legs, bikini etc. Having it done now will eliminate any redness or sores caused by waxing, to heal in good time.

·         I have personally booked a massage for the week before, I am predicting I am going to be pretty stressed and/ or flustered by this point so a nice relaxing massage will be just what I need.

·         I am staying in the hotel where the reception is being held the night before my wedding with all my family.  So I will be packing my overnight bag with all my essentials. I imagine the next week is going to be a hectic one this is something I can prepare now to make life a little easier and also I am far less likely to forget something.

·         Have your final facial today, a good facial will leave you looking a bit red and sore, and this wouldn’t be a good look too close to your wedding day

 

1-2 days before the wedding:

·         If you’re having a spray tan today is the day (2 days before) to do it, don’t try and do it in the morning and please and please go to a professional and have a trail first.

·         If you’re having individual false eye lashes have this done today (2 days before), but please have the patch test before a swollen eye would not be a good look in your wedding photos.

·         Manicure and pedicure time, make sure your nails are in tip top condition everyone will be looking your newly placed wedding ring and chipped nails would not be a good look. I am personally having gel nails in a neutral colour.

·         Final hair wash before the big day, used a deep conditioning treatment to leave your hair silky soft. I am considering going to the hair dressers for a wash and blow dry, my hair always looks much more voluminous and bouncy after a trip to the hairdresser so this might be a better option than me getting annoyed with my limp, fine hair. However, this will be dependent on my beauty budget by this time.

·         Apply an at home brightening face mask, do not use any kind of pore opening mask, you don’t want any pimples showing up on the morning of the biggest day of your life.

·         Don’t drink too much but enjoy a glass of bubbly with your bridal party.

Your wedding day:

·         Have a shower 4-5 hours before makeup and hair stylist arrives; use a good shower cap to ensure your hair doesn’t get wet. Some brides may wash their hair on the day but hair is much more likely to stay in my desired style if I wash it the day before.

·         Arrival of hair and makeup 3 hours before, give yourself plenty of time, you don’t want to be rushing as rushing will lead to stressing.

·         Ask one of your bridesmaids to look after a small bag for you with any touch up products you want to take along to the venue. I am actually getting ready at my venue so this isn’t an issue for me.

·         Last thing before you walk out the door, a spritz of perfume! Then you are on your way to meet your Groom and enjoy the biggest and most exciting day of your life.

 

Good luck and Enjoy

Xxxxx 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment