Sunday 2 February 2014

Valentines day date ideas

So last week I posted about some ideas for dates and activities for valentines day, and being the clumsy girl I am, a slip of the finger on my Iphone accidentally deleted it last night waaah. So I am going to attempt to rewrite my post...so sorry if you did already read it previously but for any new readers, read on a d enjoy. 

So Valentines day is fast approaching, the supermarkets and gift stores are full with flowers, chocolate, cards and gifts to shower the one you love. Ok so Valentines day has become very commercial over time, but I think any day which allows us to celebrate love and remind us to tell the one you love how much you mean to them is worth celebrating in some way shape or form, I am a soppy girl I know! 

Now I don't celebrate Valentines day like your average adult because February the 14th is my birthday. However even though it's my day I still get Gary a little something just to say 'I love you', I think I deserve some girlfriend points for buying someone else a gift on my birthday. 

So today I am going to share with you some ideas on how to spend Valentines day or evening, whether your on a budget or thinking of going all out! I have some ideas to suit every purse or wallet. 

Breakfast in bed 
Why not start the day cuddled up enjoying a delicious breakfast in bed together. 

Indoor picnic
Want a nice night in with a twist, why not have indoor picnic? Throw down a rug,rustle up some picnic favourites, sprinkle some petal and crack open a bottle of wine. If your don't live in the UK like me you might have acceptable outdoor picnic weather, but right now it's not an option here, unless your very brave and own lots of thermal clothing. 
Home cooked comfort food
Around V day set menus and steep prices pop up all over restaurants, so why not show off you skills in the kitchen. Set the scene with candles and rose petals, you could even get dressed up in your favourite formal outfit to really make you feel special and like your hitting the town. 

Get baking 
You could spend the day whipping up some valentines themed baked goods. whether its heart cut biscuits or decorating cupcakes you will have a great time getting messy and creative in the kitchen, then enjoy your yummy treats together. 

Fondue night
Want home cooked food with a unique edge, why not have a fondue night. I think there is something so fun about dipping your food is delicious sauces, it must be the child in me. You could have a savoury cheese sauce or a sweet chocolate sauce, if it was me I would have both one for main and one for pudding. 

Cheese and wine night
Indulge in a night of tasting an array of mouth watering cheeses along with a tipple of wine. 

Afternoon tea
If like me you love tea, cakes, sandwiches and scones why not go for an afternoon tea together and treat your taste buds to some seriously yummy food.  You could always do a home made version too. 

Spa day
Got a little more cash to splash on your other half, then why not book a relaxing spa day for two. What could be better than spending the day getting pampered together. I have been hinting to my other half about going on a spa day together for my birthday, time will tell if he has been listening. 

Movie night
If your a movie lover like me, what could be better than spending the night snuggled on the sofa watching your favourite romantic films. Just don't  forget the popcorn. 

Trip to theatre
If you Love musicals and drama, then take a trip to theatre together and watch your favourite musical or show. 

Romantic getaway 
No budget? You could always go all out and whisk your other half away for the weekend on a romantic city break, Paris, Venice, Amsterdam, Rome and London are all popular choices. 

So whatever you plan for February the 14th just make you spend the day together, making memories. My favourite Valentines day/ Birthday was when Gary recreated out first day, we had a Mexican meal, he even booked the same table we sat at on the original date and then went to cinema and indulged in popcorn and ice cream. It was such a sweet and thoughtful idea. 


Thanks for reading lovelies, I would love to hear about your Valentines day plans. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww the indoor picnic looks so good! how cute would that be. you have some great ideas for it! polishedcouture.wordpress.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Hun, I know I am defintley going to have an indoor picnic :) xx

      Delete