Monday 3 March 2014

Oscar's best dressed 2014

So after a month or so of award season best dressed post here it is the big one, the night all other award ceremony’s lead up to, The Oscars and the star did not disappoint. 

I thought about dressing in my finest for the occasion and enjoy the red carpet really feeling the part, but in all honestly I was in my onsie drinking hot chocolate. At least I was comfy.

I stayed up as late as I could to watch E live from the red carpet I caught a glimpse of some of the big names in tinsel town as they graced the awards. I desperately wanted to stay up and watch the full ceremony but my eyes just didn’t let me.

So here were my favourite picks of the name, I could include so many as there really were some beautiful gowns and dresses but I have narrowed it down to the ones who really stood out to me.
So drum roll please………



Lupita Nyong'o 
First up comes as no surprise she has been on every single one of my best dressed posts recently. 

Lupita has shown up on the red carpet in a beautiful array of colourful dresses and the Oscars was no exception.

 Lupida wore a powder blue dress by Prada. This dress was designed soecidically for Lupita.  When Lupita was interviewed on the red carpet said she choose this colour as it reminded her of her home county stating she ‘wanted to bring a bit of home’ with her, very fitting sentiment I think.

 Lupita said the dress was inspired by the design of a champagne glass filled with bubbles. This colour just looks perfect with her skin tone. I think this dress is perfect for the Oscar's it really reminds me of a fairy tale dress, very Cinderella esq. 

 Also the headband? Ok not everyone will be a fan but I think it looks so pretty and delicate,  it gives her short cut a feminine touch and hint of sparkle. I love that she is having fun with this look. 

Lupita has really been the one to watch on the red carpet she has made sure all eyes are firmly on her with an exquisite selection of dresses; my favourite was the red cape dress and I am sure there are going to be many more fabulous red carpet moments from Lupita. 


Kate Hudson

I adore this Versace gown that Kate wore to the Oscars, I think it was a really red carpet wow moment and has a really old fashioned Hollywood glam feel to it. This dress has everything I love in fashion, cape detail, low back and shoulder pads. In my eyes this dress is perfect and she looks stunning. 

Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer hit the red carpet is another beautiful Dior dress, this bold red strapless dress was made especially for Jennifer and it is the perfect style and pick for her. I think the peplum detail gives the structure something extra. I love the back necklace she added to give the whole look a bit of sparkle. I also actually love she had another little tumble on the red carpet, she really is your girl next door and seems so genuine abs down to earth, I am a bit fan of J-law. 

So there is my final best dressed post from this seasons awards, I loved doing this 'best dressed' series it's been really fun doing some more fashion focused posts. 

I would love to know who your best dressed star of the night was. 

Thanks for reading beauts 


4 comments:

  1. Love all your picks :) I managed to stay up for the whole ceremony, it was so difficult! xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I might book the day off next year so I can stay up and watch it all :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great picks! Lupita's speech was absolutely beautiful, and she looked gorgeous too! I think that Kate Hudson was my fave of the night though, she looked absolutely stunning!

    Nicola x
    www.notesbynicola.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, as I know it's was so genuine and down to earth, I really think she looked amazing xx

      Delete