Saturday 19 April 2014

Egg-tastic Baking



Hope you are having a Eggs-tra special Easter weekend.

Emma Louise Dreams is usually full of beauty and make up rambles from yours truly but this weekend I am going to introduce another one of my passions to my blog....baking. 

I have always loved baking whether it was decorating cupcakes with my mum and sister,( I always remember the cupcakes with the editable stickers of barbie or Tom and Jerry, anyone else remember those) baking bread with my grandma or just testing out new recipes now I have own my place. I love trying new things and I find baking really therapeutic and good fun. 

I am in the Easter spirit today and my flat is full of creme eggs and chocolate treats so this was the perfect opportunity to whip up some Easter themed baked goods. My bake of choice today was Cream Egg brownies. 




My sister was actually the one who introduced me to recipe (she knows me well), after she sent me an article about 10 Recipes using Creme Eggs, which left my mouth watering, here is a link if you would like to take a look. Credit to expatwomen.com for the recipe. This is a very easy recipe but will impress a crowd with the gooey melted Creme egg goodness mixed in. 


So lets get cracking on and get baking. 

What you will need:
185g dark chocolate
185g unsalted butter
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
3 eggs
275g caster sugar
6 Cadbury creme eggs

What to do:
  • Firstly preheat the oven to 180oc. Then, melt the butter and chocolate together until it’s a runny consistency. 
  • In a separate bowl, mix the egg and sugar until it turns to a mouse-like consistency. It will take a while but keep at it,(at this point I wish I had an electric whisk! Must buy a new one). Next up mix together the cooled chocolate and the fluffy egg mixtures.
  • Then, sift in the flour and cocoa powder together and gently fold it into the mixture.
  • Poor it all into a greased baking tray and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
  • Cut the crème eggs in half then remove from the brownies cake from oven and gently place the halves onto the brownies – evenly spaced.
  • Pop it all back into the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes to melt the creme eggs into the cake.
  • Finally, let them cool and enjoy.
Here's my Egg-tastic creation....sorry I will stop with the easter reated puns, maybe!







So I hope you enjoyed this baked themed post, these brownies are super easy to make and taste A-mazing, they got a big thumbs up from my fiance who is my top taster. If you enjoyed this post, I may well treat you to some more baked themed posts. 

Let me know if you have tried this recipe or any other Easter themed baking, I am always wanted to try new recipes, so send your inspiration my way.

Thanks for reading lovlies. 




6 comments:

  1. I keep seeing these every Easter and still haven't made them. They look so good!

    What A Little Pickle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here been wanting to make them for ages, glad I finally did they were amazing :D xx

      Delete
  2. These look so good - naughty but nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes defintley naughty for my calorie count but nice enough I forget all about that :) xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They were really yummy but really simple to make :) xx

      Delete