Wednesday 23 April 2014

MAC Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish






Today I want to share with you one of my favourite pieces in my makeup collection. Mac soft and gentle is one of the few products in my collection I would give the ‘Holy Grail’ title, even though I really dislike the term HG, I can think of no other label to give it that justifies just how much I love this mineralized skin finish from Mac.
‘Soft and Gentle’ is a finely milled shimmering high lighter powder from Mac, it’s an attractive soft 'gilded peach bronze' shade. This highlighter looks beautiful in the pan and transfers exquisitely onto the skin giving you glistening and soft champagne glow.
 Now £22 may seem steep for a highlighter but as with all mineralize skin finishes from MAC there is a lot of product in the pan and a little really does go a long way, so I cant see myself having to repurchase this highlighter for a long time. So I personally don't mind the price tag at all.

I have found the trick with 'Soft and Gentle' is using the right tools. I have seen lots of reviews complaining that this highlighter just left glitter all over the face, and yes a large brush all over the cheeks is not the way to apply this one. Personally I have found the contour brush from real techniques is the perfect sized brush to apply just the right amount of product to give you a beautiful warm glow. I use this highlighter on my cheek bones, cupid's bow and brow bone to highlight and enhance my face and bone structure.  This highlighter can be used for a day and night look, I just use a very light hand for an everyday glow but build up the colour for a more dramatic glittering evening look. Sometimes I use this as an all over lid colour for a softer smokey eye if I am wearing a bright lip and I don't want to go too heavy on the eye make up. Can you tell this is a well used product in my collection? 

I adore this mineralize skin finish its my go to highlighter to give my complexion an instant pick me up and radiant glow, its a permanent staple in my highlighting and contouring routine and cant imagine finding a highlighter that will replace it in my make up bag anytime soon.

Have you tried 'Soft and Gentle'? Or do you have a different mineralize skinfinish favourite from MAC?


6 comments:

  1. I've heard so many people rave about this product! I really need to go pick it up next time I'm near a MAC counter. I don't have any within 30 miles of where I moved, so I usually have to order things if I want them so I don't have to travel. It's so gorgeous though! It's definitely on my list of things to buy!

    Hope ♡ | http://www.beautyandbliss67.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is worth the hype :) used it non stop since purchasing :) xx

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous colour!!! Ive been after this for ages but its allllllways sold out haha! Great post!! XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hun :) I know I had the same problem, just made me want it even more <3 xx

      Delete
  3. ♥ Wow lovely blog you have, I was just browsing though & stumbled upon it - It's beyond beautiful with interesting posts. I'm following you via gfc now! Keep in touch x

    http://femministreflections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's really nice of you :) thank you :) glad you enjoyed reading 'Emma Louise Dreams' xxx

      Delete