Wednesday 16 April 2014

Sleek Pout Polish






Gone are the days when lip products were simply available in stick form. My lip products collections has a whole host of have lip butters, crayon style lip balms, matte glosses, glossy lip cream and now I have added a Pout Polish by Sleek to my collection.
So what is a pout polish I hear you ask? A pout polish is a creamy tinted lip conditioning balm; it leaves your lips nourished but with a subtle hint of colour, so in a few words a tinted lip balm.
I picked up the pout polish in ‘Raspberry Rhapsody’ for £4.49 from super drug. The shade is a purple toned baby pink, it looks very bright and vibrant in the tin but once applied to the lips it leaves a soft pink shine to the lips. This polish leaves your lips glossy for around 30 minutes and it sinks into the lips leave you with a sheer tint for a good few hours.  For a balm product the pigmentation is really good and it great for adding a pop of colour that it’s too bold for a more natural stained lip look.
The pout polish is formulated with natural oils including almond oil and shea butter, which gives the polish a lovely soft and cream texture, which left my lips feeling, conditioned and nourished.  The polish also has added SPF so will be great for the summer time, I can definitely see me wearing this on my holidays this year to give me a hint of colour but it will also keep my lips protected from the sun and moisturised.
The pout polish does have quite a strong vanilla and coconut scent, for some it may be too over powering but I love both those scents so I didn't mind at all. The packaging is a sleek little tin which looks a lot more high end then the small high street price tag. It’s a good sized product to pop in your hand bag or for travelling. My only small moan about the packaging is that I am not a fan of sticking my fingers in lip products but that’s just me being a tad OCD and I am sure most people don’t mind this.
So if you’re looking for a conditioning lip balm with a glow of glossy colour this Summer  I would definitely recommend the pout polish from Sleek, it won’t break the bank and there are nine shades to choose from so something for everyone.
Thanks for reading beauts I would love to hear if you have tried this pout polish or any other summer lip product recommendations.


2 comments:

  1. Love the colour! :) Love bright lips at the mo
    www.nicolabishopx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't is, will be a great shade for summer :) xx

      Delete