Wednesday 7 May 2014

Confessions of a Beauty Blogger



 

While reading blogs It would be easy to assume the beauty blogger behind the blog is perfect in regards to their makeup, skin care and hair routine.


Well I thought I would do a little post today to show you that in my case any way (and I am sure I am not the only one) this couldn’t be further from the truth


. I am not perfect, no one is and thought it might be nice for my readers to get to know a little bit more about me and my flaws. 

Hopefully you will all still continue to read my blog, after admitting I don’t religiously stick to every beauty rule out there.


1.       Sometimes (just sometimes) if I have had a long day and I feeling lazy before bed, I am very naughty and use a face wipe to remove all my makeup. Not even a nice high end face wipe, we are talking the £1 wipes from Primark! 

 

2.       I hardly ever get my full 8 hours of beauty sleep a night.

 

3.       I am so impatient when it comes to painting my nails. I cant sit still for very long so normally end up smudging, re applying do the same again, have a paddy and take it off. To stop any possible melt downs I tend to go for Shellac nails at my local beauticians.

 

4.       I quite often forget to use heat defence on my hair before blow drying or straightening.

 

5.       I am a little bit clumsy when it comes to tanning,  I manage to get fake tan everywhere. I have ruined so many towels, desperately scrubbed carpets and walls to remove evidence and permanently stained quite a few parts of both my mum’s and my bathroom.

 

6.       Thankfully I have discovered contouring and highlighting, I am no expert but I have definitely moved on from the days of furiously applying bronzer all over my face. Cringe!

 

7.       I still haven’t mastered winged eye liner, I have tried and tried and tried, but failed. No matter what I do one eye always seems different to the other, maybe it’s because I am perfectionist and that 1mm different really does bug me, but I just can't get it right. 

 

8.       I am not very good at relaxing, when I do decide to have a pamper and a bubble bath I can quite often me found applying a bubble beard 5 minutes in.

 

9.       I very rarely curl my lashes, maybe it’s the lash curler I use but I really cant see a difference when I curl them or don’t, maybe I am doing something wrong, or maybe they just don’t work for me, who knows. 

 

10.   Finally, I am dyslexic, I can’t spell very well at all and I rely heavily on spell check and reading my writing numerous times to correct my many mistakes (sometimes I spell so badly the spell checker can’t even try and figure out what I am attempting to write), but no matter how many times I check my work there still seems to be some errors or even whole words missing. So yes some of my post aren’t perfectly written or spelt correctly, but I just try and write naturally and think about how I would talk to a friend and if there is  mistake here and there I am sure it’s not really going to hurt anyone is it? Being dyslexic does put me at big disadvantage as it takes me twice as long to complete any kind of learning or writing task. However, I don’t let it stop me and when I think about it, it actually makes me really proud for starting and writing my blog and not letting dyslexia stop me from doing something I enjoy. 

 

So there you have it that’s me and my imperfections. I would love to hear your beauty confessions, because well nobody’s perfect are they.

 

6 comments:

  1. Good on you for working hard on your blog despite your dyslexia! I think your blog is fantastic and the writing always looks great to me... (and I am a serious spelling and grammar freak haha!) I am the same with a lot of these confessions.. Some days it's just too much effort haha. xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much that's so nice of you to say :) I worry about it so much so that's really nice to hear :) thank you Hun xxx

      Delete
  2. LOVE this! I'm the same with relaxing, I have to be doing something!
    I never notice a difference when I curl my lashes either, I tell myself the curlers must damage my lashes anyway so I tend not to even use them!

    Great post!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you :) haha glad I am not the only one :) xx

      Delete
  3. Fab post! I never use heat protectant on my hair, haha! It's just one of those things I always forget! Also I'm just the same with nails shellac is the easiest thing to use for me!

    gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) was really good fun to write. I far too impatient for the whole drying process :) xx

      Delete