Sunday 4 May 2014

Pink Pout Picks















left to right, Showy matte balm, lip butter strawberry shortcake, mac girl about town, mac creme cup, mac girl next door, aurora by tanya burr


Hello everyone, Sorry for the lack of posts this week, blame university work combined with a full time job while trying to my wedding, but I am one of those people who tries to spin about 100 plates at once so I have no one to blame but myself.

When it comes to my pout I am a fan of all things pink, be it bright pink, baby pink, nude pink, shimmery pink, you name it, its probably in my slightly large lip collection.

So today I wanted to share with you my top pink lip products....if you hadn't already guessed.

Revlon lip butter- Strawberry Shortcake
For regular readers of my blog this lip product will come as no surprise, I am a big fan of the Lip Butters from Revlon and rave about them regularly. The lip butters are a great every day lip product, they are a buttery balm with great pigmentation and a glossy finish. There are normally 2 (maybe 3) of these lip butters floating around my handbag. My favourite shade is strawberry shortcake, its a lovely everyday pink shade, which really compliments any skin tone. Strawberry short cake is a creamy soft baby pink shade, with lilac undertones, but I find its not too blue and frosty toned. Its my go to lip products and I wont admit how many of these I have been through it the past year....cough cough three.

Mac Girl About Town
As most beauty bloggers I have a love affair for Mac Lipsticks (and eye shadows but that's a different post). I just love Mac for lipsticks, there is so many pretty shades and collections to browse and pick from, I love the formula's and they aren't too pricey either.Girl About Town was the first bright lipstick from Mac, I was influenced by Tanya Burr and one of her tutorials if I remember rightly. Its a beautiful bright fushia pink shade and is a amplified cream formula, so its unlike some bright shades it leaves my lips creamy and buttery and doesn't dry them out. This lipstick it is very build-able and can worn lightly for the day time but build up for an evening look and this lipstick does not budge at all, which is great for a night out. This is one of my favorite bright lip sticks and I think its a great first bold lip colour if your not too confident with bright lip colours.

Mac Girl next door
Sticking with Mac my next favourite is one of the pieces from the Archie girl collection, its nothing to do with the super cute packaging, promise. Girl Next Door is a luster formula and the shade is a very light pastel opaque toned pink with blue under tones, so this wont be everyone's cup of tea, but I personally love it. It gives my lips a sheer pink finish and I find this works really well with a dramatic smokey eye. Not looking forward to the day this little beauty runs out so if anyone has a dupe please let me know.

Mac Creme Cup
Sorry one more mac lipstick, last one promise. This is my go to Mac lipstick for everyday. Creme cup is a cream sheen which is my favourite mac formula, because as the name suggests it leaves my lips soft and creamy. Creme cup is a soft pink nude shade and gives me lips the perfect pink glow with just one swipe of colour. 

Aurora By Tanya Burr
As soon as I heard Tanya Burr was releasing her lip gloss and nail collection I knew I would be purchasing a few bits and pieces. Tanya's make up tutorials were the first I ever watched on YouTube and I have been addicted to make up and beauty tutorials and blogs ever since, which then led me to write my own little blog, so I have a lot to thank Miss Tanya Burr for, thanks Tanya I am now a make addict, but I wouldn't have it any other way. So anyway enough fan girl rambling, back to the gloss. Aurora is a really great everyday light pink toned gloss with a subtle glittery particles. Worm alone this gloss gives the lips a really pretty pink sheen and is great to give you a pop of pink colour, buts its also great over the top of a nude pink colour to give it a shimmery finish. I also have the gloss in ' Afternoon Tea' but I need to try some more because these glosses are amazing, they are long lasting, really well pigmented and smell so yummy. You can read my full review here.

Revlon Colourbust Matte Balm in Showy
This is a bit of a new lip product to my collection, I did a full review of this balm as well as two of the Lacquer balms here. I am not normally a fan of matte lipsticks or products but I have fallen in love with this balm. I think because its a balm formula with added coconut, mango and shae butter it leaves your lips soft and hydrated but with a matte finish. I love the shade of this balm too its not to dissimilar to 'Girl about town' from Mac, in that its a bold bright pink with purple undertones but it has a more opaque finish. This can be worn more as more of a sheer bright pink in the day and then built up with a few more coats for a more dramatic bold finish.

So that's it my favourite pink pout picks, or simply put my favourite pink lip products. Do you have any favourites I need to try.

Thanks for reading lovlies


2 comments:

  1. All these look so gorgeous! I love strawberry shortcake too! MAC Snob is one of my fave pinks which I'm loving right now! x
    Lipstickloveheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't it? Ooh I haven't tried snob yet, might be one to add to my list :) xx

      Delete